|Education: B.Sc. (Physics) Khonkaen University, M.Sc. (Physics) Chulalongkorn University, D.Sc. (Physics) Chulalongkorn University
Awards and honors:
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computer Simulation
- Numerical Method for Applied Mechanics
- Humidity and temperature behavior in VENA chamber using FEM, Funded by Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd, 2013.
- Parametric study of head stack assembly (HSA) vibration characteristics, Funded by KMITL, NSTDA and Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd, 2013.
- Numerical simulation of particle trajectory inside automation, Funded by AMI, 2013.
- Effect of environment on airflow simulation in hard disk drive, Funded by KMITL, 2013.
- Airflow simulation for Reflow, ULRT and ATAAP machines using FEM, Funded by Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd, 2014.
- VENA behavior study based on hard disk drive environment test using FEM, Funded by Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd, 2014.
- Study of vibration characteristics of a Thai traditional brass gong, Funded by AMI, 2014.
- Numerical investigation of airflow behavior inside a DSTAR clean room, Funded by DPST, 2014.
- Study of airflow characteristics inside a computer case and its application for reducing particle contamination using CFD, Funded by Cal-Comp Electro (Thai) Pub. Co. Ltd., 2014.
- Thermal study on a printed circuit board (PCB) applicable to hard disk drive, Cal-Comp Electro (Thai) Pub. Co. Ltd., 2014.
- An experiment and simulation study of airflow and temperature distribution in Seagate Teparuk’s Cleanroom, Funded by Research and Researcher for Industry (RRI), 2015.
- Finite element analysis of micro-gripper for handing slider of hard disk drive, Funded by Research and Researcher for Industry (RRI), 2015.
- Simulation, validation and evaluation of cleaning process in ultrasonic cleaning tank, Funded by Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd, 2016.
- Investigation of heat transfer in reflow tip using finite element method, Funded by Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd, 2017.
- Simulation of ultrasonic cleaning for head gimbal assembly cleaning process, Funded by AMI, 2017.
siung the CFD and simple experiment to find a solution of particle contamination in an HDD production line, Funded by AMI, 2017.
- CFD analysis of airflow through aircraft antennas, Funded by AVIA Satcom Co. Ltd., 2017.
- Training of computer simulation and technology transfer of computer aided engineering, Funded by Seagate Technology (Thailand) Ltd, 2017.
- Design and development of particle suction tool for cleaning HDD components, Funded by Research and Researcher for Industry (RRI), 2017.
- Evaluation and improvement of air ventilation system inside low cost automation (LCA) line to Reduce Particle Contamination, Funded by Research and Researcher for Industry (RRI), 2017.
- Aerodynamic simulation of compressor blade to determine the optimum design for solving a fracture problem, Funded by EGAT, 2018.
- 3D simulation of aerodynamics of light aircraft SAAB 340B, Funded by AVIA Satcom Co. Ltd., 2017.
- J. Thongsri, Comparison of k-e Turbulence models for predicting airflow in 3.5-inch dual platter hard disk drive, in Proc. International Conference on Engineering Applied Science and Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, pp. 1-5, 2013
- J. Thongsri, V. Pongkom, A simulation of the number of particle trapped by circulating filter of a hard disk drive and their trajectories, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol, 548-549, pp. 953-957, 2014
- J. Thongsri, W. Suksawaeng, Numerical investigation of airflow behavior inside environmental chamber, Advanced Materials Research Vol. 931-932, pp 1048-1052, 2014.
- J. Thongsri, V. Pongkom, Simulated trajectories of particles and the number of particles trapped by the virculating filter in a hard disk drive, Advanced Materials Research, vol. 931-932, pp 1058-1062, 2014
- J. Thongsri, A. Kaokom, Successful simulation of airflow in the microenvironment of an assembly automation machine and its implication, Advanced Materials Research, vol. 931-932, pp 1063-1067, 2014.
- J. Thongsri, Effect of grain size on effective permittivity of ferroelectric films based on effective medium theory, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 619, pp. 188-192, 2014.
- J. Thongsri, M. Pimsarn, Optimum airflow to reduce particle contamination inside welding automation machine of hard disk drive production line, International Journal Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, vol. 16, no.3, pp 509-515, 2015. IF=1.502
- V. Puengkhom, J. Thongsri, M. Pimsarn, On finite element modeling aspect of HDD’s head stack assembly vibration analysis, in Proc. The 5th TSME International Conference on Mechanical Engineering, Chiang Mai, Thailand, AMM055, 2014.
- J. Thongsri, Numerical investigation of airflow inside an environmental chamber for HGA mechanical
test and a dcheme for improving the flow, International Journal Advanced and Applied Science, vol.2. no. 12. pp 51-56. 2015.
- J. Thongsri, M. Pimsarn, W. Tangsopha, Using CFD to find the best placement of HDD production machinery for major renovation of factory clean room, KKU Engineering Journal, vol 43(2), pp, 250-253. 2016.
- W. Tangsopha, J. Thongsri, W. Bussayaporn, Ultrasonic cleaning and ways to improve the efficiency. in Proc. 5th International Electrical Conference (IEECON2017), 8-10 May, Pattaya, Thiland, pp. 121-124, 2017.
- J. Thongsri, A Successful CFD-Based Solution to a Water Condensation Problem in a Hard Disk Drive Factory, IEEE Access, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 10795-10804, 2017. IF=3.224.
- P. Boonkaew and J. Thongsri, Effect of clamp structure on the compressive force behavior based on finite element method, in proc. 32nd International Technical Conference on Circuit/System, Computer and Communications (ITC, CSCC), 2-5 July, Busan, Republic of Korea, pp. 361-364, 2017
- A. Khaokom and J. Thongsri, Feasibility study for installing machine in production line to avoid particle contamination based on CFD simulation, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 241, 012011, 2017.
- A. Khaokom, J. Thongsri, P. Kaewkhaw, A CFD Investigation of airflow in a hard disk drive production line to detect the cause(s) of contamination and its mitigation, in Proc. The 3rd International Conference on Engineering Technology and Social Science (ICETSS2017), 7-8 August, Bangkok, Thailand, 2017
- J. Thongsri, A problem of particulate contamination in an automated assembly machine successfully solved by CFD and simple experiments, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2017, Article ID 6859852, pages 1-9, 2017, IF= 0.802.
- P. Boonkaew, J. Thongsri, The optimum design of micro gripper for lifetime improvement based on fatigue analysis and six sigma analysis, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 17, no. 20, pp. 10233-10241, 2017
- J. Naosungnoen and J. Thongsri, Simulation of airflow in a cleanroom to solve contamination problem in an HDD production line, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 41-45, 2018
- J. Naosungnoen and J. Thongsri, Airflow and temperature simulation in a big cleanroom to reduce contamination in an HDD manufacturing factory, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 361, 012025, 2018.
- T. Worapol, K. Thummanoon, K. Kittinan, N. Somphop and J. Thongsri, Improved design of ultrasonic cleaning tank using Harmonic Reponse Analysis in ANSYS, in Proc. The 4th International Conference on Environment and Renewable Energy (ICERE2018), 25-27 February, Da Nang, Vietnam, 2018.
- T. Jansaengsuk, S. Po-ngern, J. Thongsri, Simulation of Thermoelectric Effect in Reflow Tip for Hard Disk Drive Factory, in Proc. The 15th Engineering, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Conference (ECTI-CON2018), 18-21 July, Chiang Rai, Thailand, 2018.
- J. Thongsri, Airflow simulation inside automation machine using computational fluid dynamics and its application for reducing particle contamination, Ladkrabang Engineering Journal, vol.31 no. 1, pp. 1-6, 2014.
- J. Thongsri, A. Khaokhom, W. Susuganjana, Numerical investigation of using airflow inside automation machine to reduce particle contamination for HDD manufacturing process, Ladkrabang Engineering Journal, vol.3, no.3, pp. 13-18, 2014.
- T. Jansaengsuk, S. Po-ngern, J. Thongsri, Simulation and Investigation of Heat Transfer in a Hot Bar for Hard Disk Drive Factory, in Proc. The 10th ECTI-CARD, 26-29 June, Pitsanulok, Thailand, 2018.